[Insight-users] Inverse of a ScaleSkew

Ranjan, Sohan (GE, Research) sohan.ranjan at ge.com
Thu Aug 24 04:25:39 EDT 2006

I was trying to compute of a ScaleSkewVersor3DTransform, where the computation threw
an exception for the call to ComputeMatrixParameters method.

In the class MatrixOffsetTransformBase, I see the following code for computing inverse:

  inverse->m_Matrix         = this->GetInverseMatrix();
  inverse->m_InverseMatrix  = m_Matrix;
  inverse->m_Offset         = -(this->GetInverseMatrix() * m_Offset);
  inverse->ComputeTranslation();
  inverse->ComputeMatrixParameters();

I want to understand what does call to the method ComputeMatrixParameters do. For
example, for the ScaleSkewVersor3DTransform, the first four lines work. So, do I really
need to bother about failing of the ComputeMatrixParameters method.