[Insight-users] Need help with PermuteAxesImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Aug 24 11:52:30 EDT 2006

Hi Martin,

Yes, I meant that you need to permute the content of the tags.

For example, if your permute axes filter swaps the X and Y axes,
then you have to go to the spacing tag and swap the x and y
values of the spacing, you should also swap the number of
colunns and rows.... and so on.

If the Frames tag is not found... then you have to go through
the fun of using the Series Image Reader, get the number of
slices from it and swap the information accoding to the
type of permutation that you are using in the permute filter.

Yes, you also have to do that on *ALL* the dictionaries.

BTW, I forgot to mentinon that you also MUST do this for the
Origin and the Orientation tag, since the coordinates of the
origin and the direction cosines will permute too.

Unfortunately there is no convenience class for doing this at
this point. It will be great to have one. If you are interested
in writing one and contributing it to the toolkit we will be
happy to include it in a future release.