[Insight-users] Failed to allocate memory for image

Ming Chao mingchao2005 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 18:26:44 EDT 2006

Hi Luis,

Sorry for my late response. Please see the following for your questions.

What tool did you used for monitoring the memory usage ?

The tool I used is just the Windows Task Manager.

What was the memory usage for the entire machine ?
(you only reported the usage for the registration application).

I don't remember the exact number, but I do know that the registration
application had the largest consumption of memory.  I am sure the total
memory usage did not exceed the allowed memory.

Do you have other applications running at the same time that
your are running the registration application ?

No.

In Windows 32 bits, a process can only access 2Gb of contiguous
RAM.

What Image Metric are you using ?
(e.g. is it one of the metrics that computes the image gradient?)

Normalized Cross Correlation.

What other ITK and/or VTK filter do you have in that pipeline.

I did not have any other filters.

At what point in the execution of your program do you get this
message ?

Before the first iteration during the registration which is actually a rigid
one.

Have the registration started ?

Yes.

Do you got some optimization iterations ?

No.

It is very likely that you are actually using most of those
2Gb of data, and may have to release memory as your appllication
progresses with its pipeline.

I am not sure what you meant here. Why do you say that I used most of the
2GB data? How can I release memory?

I want to repeat that my registration is actually very simple one, ie, rigid
registration. I don't have any intermediate filters. Hope my answers to your
questions help to debug the problem.

Thanks,
Ming