[Insight-users] Fwd: Help on DICOM image reading bug

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Aug 28 13:56:32 EDT 2006

S Sam wrote:
> Since my first try to send this message was bounced back. I have to
> resend it again and remove the DICOM image due to restricted bytes in
> the message.
>
> If you are interested in solving this problem, please let me know your
> e-mail address, and I will send the DICOM image immediately.
>
> Thank you again.
> Sam
>
> Dear all ITK users and developers;
>

> I am encountering a problem in reading DICOM image and I am attaching
> the image asking for your help and advice.
>

> Since the pixel type of the DICOM image is "14U", I modified the file
> itkGDCMImageIO.cxx accordingly and recompiled and generated the ITK
> library. After getting the bufferpointer using GetBufferPointer, it was
> found that about half of the image data were lost, and the image display
> using OpenGL indicates obviously that upper part of the image is blank.
> I tested the code using a TIFF image whose dimension is larger than that
> of the DICOM image, it works very well. That leads to me doubt about if
> there is a bug in GDCMImageIO for reading such DICOM image or something
> wrong with my code. The following is the major part of the code:

Sam,

	Thanks a lot for sending the sample DICOM dataset. I can reproduce the
problem. Unfortunately right now ITK-GDCM does not handle the reading of
such dataset. It will require some change in the gdcm layer.

	Please add a bug report at:

	http://itk.org/Bug

	Simply copy/paste your email and assign the bug to me.

Thanks again for the bug report,
Mathieu