[Insight-users] Re: Journal submission gone wrong - probably

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jan 3 06:49:40 EST 2006

Hi Gaetan,

One easy way is to modify the Makefile for your
LaTeX build and include the image as a dependency
for the .dvi file.

Then you add the rule for building the image, as
simply running your executable with appropriate
parameters. It will have the additional advantage
that the readers of the paper will have access to
the exact parameters that you used for running
the executable.

Note that you should in any case, include the output
images in the source code submission. The testing
system will need them in order to perform the regression
testing. That is, the system at Kitware will run your
program again, it will generate output images and it
will compare them to the output images that you submit.
Ideally they should be exactly the same, but in practice
the ImageCompare program will have some tolerance on
the number of pixels that can be different between the
two images (your submitted output image and the output
image computed at the Insight Journal testing site).

Note in the CMakeLists.txt example on the template
submission, the use of the "ADD_TEST" and the use of
the ImageCompare command.

Please let us know if that addresses your question.