[Insight-users] Difference between .cxx and .cpp, .txx and .h

jiafucang jiafucang at asisz.com
Tue Jan 3 08:38:59 EST 2006

Hello Chunyan,

cxx and cpp files do not have difference, they both are C++ implementation
files. It is very common that Visual C++ use cpp often, while some Unix
programs like cxx often. Txx files is the template files, which could not be
compiled directly, and have to be instantized. For example, the libraries in
the ITK is very small because most of them are templates. The .h files are
header files, such as the class definition. And the implementation will be
placed in .cxx or .cpp files in common.

HTH,
Fucang