[Insight-users] Curves3DExtractor

Hugo Gratama van Andel h.a.gratamavanandel at amc.uva.nl
Tue Jan 3 09:46:25 EST 2006

Dear ITK users,
I was interested in the Curves3DExtractor example in the Insight
Applications (from CVS), but I can not get it to work properly. Though I
got the Curves2DExtractor and the DuctExtractor example to work, the
compiled version of the 3D program will not be able to load an image
File. Clicking on the 'Load' button will not produce the necessary
'pop-up' to select a file. The involved code in the 2D and 3D example is
the same, although the 2D example makes more use of pointers.
I am not an expert in the use of FLTK, but from the 2D example I learn that:

ceExtractorConsole::Load( void ){
   const char * filename = fl_file_chooser("Image
filename","*.*","latmag0Acor.mha");
   if( !filename )
   {
     return;
   }
   this->Load( filename );
}

should produce the pop-up. Hardcoding a filename does not solve the
problem, so I am a bit stuck.

I noticed that in the CMakeList.txt of the 3D example a variable is used
that is (wrongly) called:  ${Curves2DExtractor_FLTK_UI_SRCS} in stead of
  ${Curves3DExtractor_FLTK_UI_SRCS}. Unfortunately this does not solve
the  problem.

Can someone please reproduce my problem with the Curves3DExtractor
program or give a hint where there could be a problem in the code?
thanks,
Hugo