[Insight-users] Re: getting started

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jan 4 12:16:15 EST 2006

Hi Gregg,

Building the binaries of ITK in your Windows Desktop
may not be a wise idea.

I would strongly suggest you to better organize your
system, and create a directory for binaries, then
create an ITK directory underneath.

A common organization would follow the Unix model:

            greghara/src/
            greghara/src/Insight
            greghara/bin/
            greghara/bin/Insight

Since you are starting from scratch you may want to
update right away to CMake 2.2.3, that you can download
from:

        http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Download.html

Exactly what compiler do you have installed in your system ?

Please let us know,