[Insight-users] Link error compiling ITK

René Sánchez Martín reny at ctm.ulpgc.es
Thu Jan 12 10:23:15 EST 2006

I have reinstaled the compiler and the system libraries involved in the
previous problem. I have gcc 3.4 now and I have successfully compiled
VTK. However, when I try to compile ITK I get the following error:

Building shared library
/home/reny/CTM/itk/itk2.2-gcc-3.4/bin/libITKBasicFiltersBTcl.so...
`.L8108' referenced in section `.rodata' of
wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageItLj3EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o
`.L8113' referenced in section `.rodata' of
wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageItLj3EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o
`.L8118' referenced in section `.rodata' of
wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageItLj3EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o
`.L8126' referenced in section `.rodata' of
wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageItLj3EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o
`.L8284' referenced in section `.rodata' of
wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageItLj2EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o
`.L8289' referenced in section `.rodata' of
wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageItLj2EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o
`.L8294' referenced in section `.rodata' of
wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageItLj2EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o
`.L8302' referenced in section `.rodata' of
wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageItLj2EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o
`.L8431' referenced in section `.rodata' of
wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageIfLj3EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o
`.L8436' referenced in section `.rodata' of
wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageIfLj3EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o
`.L8441' referenced in section `.rodata' of
wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageIfLj3EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o
`.L8449' referenced in section `.rodata' of
wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageIfLj3EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o
`.L8585' referenced in section `.rodata' of
wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageIfLj2EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o
`.L8590' referenced in section `.rodata' of
wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageIfLj2EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o
`.L8595' referenced in section `.rodata' of
wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageIfLj2EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o
`.L8603' referenced in section `.rodata' of
wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageIfLj2EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of wrap_itkStatisticsImageFilterTcl.o
collect2: ld devolvió el estado de salida 1
make[5]: ***
[/home/reny/CTM/itk/itk2.2-gcc-3.4/bin/libITKBasicFiltersBTcl.so] Error 1
make[4]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[3]: *** [default_target_BasicFiltersB] Error 2
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Wrapping_CSwig] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

*I tried to disable Wrapping, but then I got a similar error:*

Building executable
/home/reny/CTM/itk/itk2.2-gcc-3.4/bin/itkBasicFiltersTests...
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk31BSplineDecompositionImageFilterINS_5ImageIfLj2EEES2_E8SetPolesEv'
referenced in section `.rodata' of
itkBSplineResampleImageFunctionTest.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk31BSplineDecompositionImageFilterINS_5ImageIfLj2EEES2_E8SetPolesEv'
of itkBSplineResampleImageFunctionTest.o
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk31BSplineDecompositionImageFilterINS_5ImageIfLj2EEENS1_IdLj2EEEE8SetPolesEv'
referenced in section `.rodata' of
itkBSplineResampleImageFunctionTest.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk31BSplineDecompositionImageFilterINS_5ImageIfLj2EEENS1_IdLj2EEEE8SetPolesEv'
of itkBSplineResampleImageFunctionTest.o
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZNK3itk31BSplineInterpolateImageFunctionINS_5ImageIfLj2EEEddE23SetInterpolationWeightsERKNS_15ContinuousIndexIdLj2EEERK10vnl_matrixIlERS8_IdEj'
referenced in section `.rodata' of
itkBSplineResampleImageFunctionTest.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZNK3itk31BSplineInterpolateImageFunctionINS_5ImageIfLj2EEEddE23SetInterpolationWeightsERKNS_15ContinuousIndexIdLj2EEERK10vnl_matrixIlERS8_IdEj'
of itkBSplineResampleImageFunctionTest.o
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZNK3itk31BSplineInterpolateImageFunctionINS_5ImageIfLj2EEEdfE23SetInterpolationWeightsERKNS_15ContinuousIndexIdLj2EEERK10vnl_matrixIlERS8_IdEj'
referenced in section `.rodata' of
itkBSplineResampleImageFunctionTest.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZNK3itk31BSplineInterpolateImageFunctionINS_5ImageIfLj2EEEdfE23SetInterpolationWeightsERKNS_15ContinuousIndexIdLj2EEERK10vnl_matrixIlERS8_IdEj'
of itkBSplineResampleImageFunctionTest.o
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageIhLj2EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
referenced in section `.rodata' of itkBilateralImageFilterTest3.o:
defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk21StatisticsImageFilterINS_5ImageIhLj2EEEE10MakeOutputEj'
of itkBilateralImageFilterTest3.o
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk31BSplineDecompositionImageFilterINS_5ImageIdLj2EEES2_E8SetPolesEv'
referenced in section `.rodata' of
itkInterpolateImagePointsFilterTest.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk31BSplineDecompositionImageFilterINS_5ImageIdLj2EEES2_E8SetPolesEv'
of itkInterpolateImagePointsFilterTest.o
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk31BSplineDecompositionImageFilterINS_5ImageIdLj3EEES2_E8SetPolesEv'
referenced in section `.rodata' of
itkInterpolateImagePointsFilterTest.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN3itk31BSplineDecompositionImageFilterINS_5ImageIdLj3EEES2_E8SetPolesEv'
of itkInterpolateImagePointsFilterTest.o
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZNK3itk31BSplineInterpolateImageFunctionINS_5ImageIdLj3EEEddE23SetInterpolationWeightsERKNS_15ContinuousIndexIdLj3EEERK10vnl_matrixIlERS8_IdEj'
referenced in section `.rodata' of
itkInterpolateImagePointsFilterTest.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZNK3itk31BSplineInterpolateImageFunctionINS_5ImageIdLj3EEEddE23SetInterpolationWeightsERKNS_15ContinuousIndexIdLj3EEERK10vnl_matrixIlERS8_IdEj'
of itkInterpolateImagePointsFilterTest.o
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZNK3itk31BSplineInterpolateImageFunctionINS_5ImageIdLj2EEEddE23SetInterpolationWeightsERKNS_15ContinuousIndexIdLj2EEERK10vnl_matrixIlERS8_IdEj'
referenced in section `.rodata' of
itkInterpolateImagePointsFilterTest.o: defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZNK3itk31BSplineInterpolateImageFunctionINS_5ImageIdLj2EEEddE23SetInterpolationWeightsERKNS_15ContinuousIndexIdLj2EEERK10vnl_matrixIlERS8_IdEj'
of itkInterpolateImagePointsFilterTest.o
collect2: ld devolvió el estado de salida 1
make[7]: ***
[/home/reny/CTM/itk/itk2.2-gcc-3.4/bin/itkBasicFiltersTests] Error 1
make[6]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[5]: *** [default_target_BasicFilters] Error 2
make[4]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[3]: *** [default_target_Code] Error 2
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Testing] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.