[Insight-users] Re: getting started[Scanned]

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jan 13 09:04:48 EST 2006

Hi Gregg,

Please read the Tutorials

    http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

In particular:

     "Getting Started I"

     http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf

In this instructions you will see that when you are
building on UNIX you are supposed to cd in to the
binary directory where you are planning to build
the toolkit

Once you donload the tar file, here is the sequence
of commands that you should use:

      tar -xzf InsightToolkit-2.4.1.tar.gz
      mkdir    BinaryDirectoryToBuild_ITK_withGcc4.0
      cd       BinaryDirectoryToBuild_ITK_withGcc4.0
      pwd
      setenv   CC gcc-4.0
      setenv   CXX g++-4.0
      cmake   ../InsightToolkit-2.4.1

NOTE:  That you launch cmake from the binary directory
        where you want to build the toolkit, and that the
        argument must be the source directory where you
        find a CMakeLists.txt file.

NOTE:  That you shouldn't place the binary directory
        inside the source tree directory (you can do
        it, but it is highly advisable not to do it).

All this is described in the Tutorials and in the
ITK Software Guide

      http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Please let us know if you find any problems,