[Insight-users] SpatialObjectToImageFilter

Julien Jomier jjomier at cs.unc.edu
Wed Jan 18 16:18:10 EST 2006

Hi Yan,

The SpatialObjectToImageFilter is working backward, meaning that it
iterates through the output image and for each pixel ask the
SpatialObject if the current pixel is inside the object. So the speed of
the filter is driven by the size of the output image as well as the
number of points in the SpatialObjects (for point-based SpatialObjects).

If you have only one line, I would suggest to iterate through your line
points and project them onto your image.
Can you log a feature request in the BugTracker (www.itk.org/Bug)?

Thanks,

Julien