[Insight-users] Allowed image filter input

Uwe Köhler U.Koehler at gmx.de
Thu Jan 19 07:06:53 EST 2006

HiYa,

I am trying to find a way to determine the allowed input types for an image
filter. When supplying itk::SobelEdgeDetectionImageFilter or
itk::LaplacianImageFilter with real images everything works fine. When
suppying short images the program compiles, but I get the following
exception:

    try{
	sobelFilter->SetInput(meanFilter->GetOutput());
	sobelFilter->Update();
    }
    catch( itk::ExceptionObject & err ) {
	std::cout << "ExceptionObject caught SobelFilter!" << std::endl;
	std::cout << err << std::endl;
	return -1;
    }

ExceptionObject caught SobelFilter!

itk::ExceptionObject (0x814e128)
Location: "void itk::MultiThreader::SingleMethodExecute()"
File: /usr/local/src/Insight/Code/Common/itkMultiThreader.cxx
Line: 358
SingleMethodExecute

I can see the laplacian filter needing signed values, but I cannot find these
precondions in the documentation. Where can I look for this information? The
exception doesn't help initially. Getting the exception on a SMP system
certainly pointed me in completely the wrong direction.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Cheers

Uwe