[Insight-users] Going from 4x4 matrix to Similarity3DTransform and back during registration

Jan Owoc jsowoc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 20:45:11 EST 2006

Hi,

I am writing a registration program that is to use a Similarity3DTransform
as its transform; I need rotation/translation/isotropic scaling.
I am using a different program to pick points for an initial guess, and it
returns the "best" 4x4 matrix to map the moving image to the fixed image.

I read in the mailing lists that use of SetMatrix() is incorrect, as it is
meant as an internal function.
Could someone please tell me what is the correct way to (properly) give the
transform the 4x4 matrix and let it work out the closest
Similarity3DTransform to match the matrix?

Likewise, after the registration is finished, I would like a convenient way
to recover the new 4x4 matrix.

Thank you.

Jan Owoc