[Insight-users] Question on MHD format

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Wed Jan 25 13:52:27 EST 2006

The position tag lets you represent subregions.

Here's the header
Position = -10.5 -10.5 -10.5

That means the origin of this image is at -10.5. So if you had a small
image that represented a subregion of a larger image, you could have the
subregion handled by itk::Image at the right physical location in the
image by specifying its origin at the appropriate position. We do this
often during registration where images from different modalities might
have different physical extents.

HTH
karthik