[Insight-users] what kind of Dicom file is this and how to access (get) images contained in?

charfeddine amir charfeddine_amir at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 26 07:51:41 EST 2006

Hi all

 I have to process medical image which comes from scanner x  in Dicom format.
 clinicians makes  differents 2D incidences (8 incidences) of  heart  Vessel to detect stenosis.
 Each incidence is taken during a mount of time, means each incidence is composed of many 2D image( 40 images), then operator pass to the next incidence, and so on.
 after the exam, the study data (image taken on patient) is stoked in a CD : each incidence (40 2D image) is saved as a Dicom file.
 I didn't know how to read this file to access all images in it, i tried to read a simple Dicom file (following ITK examples) and every thing was OK, and i use the same way to read my files, but i can only see the first image of the incidence.
 i can send u a Dicom file if u want, and write u code i use for viewing image.
 thx for reply.
 TimCha
 TIM Team
 Biophysics Monastir