[Insight-users] CableSwig -CIndex question

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jan 26 10:18:29 EST 2006

Zachary Pincus wrote:
> Specifically, one can pass in 'master index' files to cswig (via the -
> CIndex option) to tell cswig which classes have been wrapped  elsewhere.
> However, I wonder if there's a way to specify (perhaps in  the master
> indices) which module each class has been wrapped in.

IIRC, the master index files just list the normal index files in each
package.  The reguler .idx files have a listing of the types wrapped in
each module and what they are called.  This needed for SWIG's Python and
Java generators because they need to know for every type in a given
interface whether it is wrapped and if so where and with what name.
However, the .idx files do not contain any information about the actual
symbol names, just type names.  I have no idea how easy it would be to
add tracking of wrapped symbols into these files but that may be the
place to do it if you try.

We dealt with the dependency problems in ITK's wrappers by just manually
coding the package loading scripts to do things in the right order.
Since ITK has a hierarchical organization of dependencies (Common,
BasicFilters, ...) this order just follows that hierarchy.  If you're
having problems ordering the wrapper loading then there may be a problem
with ITK code breaking the hierarchical dependencies which is a separte
issue.

-Brad