[Insight-users] Different types of regions

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Fri Jan 27 14:31:09 EST 2006

Gheorghe Postelnicu wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I would like to understand the difference between BufferedRegion,
>LargestPossibleRegion and RequestedRegion. I find myself using these a
>little interchangeably at times and I am not sure what the
>implications are.
>
>Thanks,
>--
>Gheorghe Postelnicu, PhD
>MGH, Harvard Medical School

LargetPossibleRegion - the whole image
BufferedRegion - portion of the image in memory
RequestedRegion - portion of the image requested by a filter or any
other class

Please, refer to Section 3.4 pp 59 (Data Representation ) Section of the
ITK software guide for a full description.

http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

-Andinet