[Insight-users] ResampleImageFilter2 (Problems reading file format)

Xiang, Hong HXIANG at LROC.HARVARD.EDU
Fri Jan 27 16:51:56 EST 2006

Hello everyone,

We met a problem that may have been seen earlier by others, any clue might be of
help.

Thanks for the help,
Hong

We were trying to re-slice a 3D DICOM file (size: 512x512x266, spacing
0.977x0.977x
2.5 mm^3) into a new 3D DICOM file (size: 512x512x665, spacing 1x1x1 mm^3) using
a 3D implementation of ResampleImageFilter2.cxx

The conversion ran through clean w/o problem, but when we try to view the output
image
using ImageVewer, we got a complaint of " Problems reading file format".

We then did a quick test on a smaller file (size: 512x512x6, spacing
0.977x0.977x
2.5 mm^3) into a new 3D DICOM file (size: 512x512x15, spacing 1x1x1 mm^3), the
conversion ran through clean, and the output image was viewed w/o problem!

Is there a hard-wired upper limit in the code to allow the size of 3rd dimension
to be below
certain value (we used 665 in the first test as shown above)? Thanks for a clue
on this.