[Insight-users] a question about SpatialObjectToImageStat isticsCalculator

kurt kurtzhao at yeah.net
Wed Jul 5 16:26:00 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,

forgive me if this is a stupid question.

the SpatialObjectToImageStatisticsCalculator generate both mean and covariance matrix of f a certain region of an image specified by a spatial object.

In the example in the itk book, both mean and covariance matrix is generated from one image and one spatialobject. My question is that from one image, how can it generate a covariance matrix? What is the column vector?

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards
Kurt Zhao