[Insight-users] GDCM problems

Ranjan, Sohan (GE, Research) sohan.ranjan at ge.com
Thu Jul 13 00:07:55 EDT 2006

Hello.

I had written code for registering images in DICOM format. The code worked well with ITK-2.4.
However I switched over to ITK-2.6, and then my code went erratic. What I have noticed is
that the problem is coming due to origin of the read image. If a DICOM image read by ITK-2.4
read the origin as, say (X,Y,Z), the same image origin read by ITK-2.6 reports it as (X, -Y, Z).
Note the change in the sign of the y-corodinate. With this change, the corresponding points
in the two image being registered becomes different, thus the whole MI computation goes
haywire, and registration fails.
I am sure many would have faced the same problem, so what is the solution?

Sohan