[Insight-users] BinaryImageType

Henning Meyer tutmann at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 05:27:52 EDT 2006

Hello,

what would be needed to do in order implement a BinaryImageType< int
dimension>, which uses all bits of its allocated memory, so that 32
pixels can be stored inside a unsigned int.
Would it just mean to have a specialization of Image< BinaryPixelType
> and ImageIterator< Image< BinaryPixelType> >?
Do filters just use the iterators, or can they access the memory directly?

Background: I'm running out of memory, when handling various
segmentations of large CT datasets. But each segmentation uses at
least 8x the memory it needs. I would like to improve the situation.

Would this be feasible?

Henning