[Insight-users] Image Piece Overlap Registration

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Fri Jul 14 16:13:24 EDT 2006

My coworker scanned many ganglia in our confocal microscope. He needed
to use a very hi resolution which limits the working distance. In order
to get all of each cell he had to scan them in several pieces moving the
microscope stage for each piece.

My task is now to reassemble these pieces and start doing some analysis
but unfortunately when the stage is moved the origin for each piece is
not changed. The first thing I have to do is register the pieces with
one another and stitch them together.

I don't think this should be too hard but if anybody has any suggestions
I'd like to hear them, and if anybody is interested I'll share what I
find out.