[Insight-users] writing as RGB

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jul 17 11:25:58 EDT 2006

Hi Smriti,

Yes, you can read the 2D images using the ImageSeriesReader
as illustrated in the ITK Software Guide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in the Chapter "Reading and Writing Images".

You can then use the VectorIndexSelectionCast filter:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Functor_1_1VectorIndexSelectionCast.html

in order to extract each one R, G and B components of the
colored 3D volume that you just read.

as a second option you could use ImageAdaptors in
order to extract the R,G, and B components. This
is illustrated in the "Image Adaptors" chapter of
the ITK Software Guide.