[Insight-users] Timeout message during tests

Dan Mueller d.mueller at qut.edu.au
Thu Jul 20 05:57:38 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to compare the computation times of two different approaches
within ITK, using CMake to script the tests. The starting and ending
times are listed in the LastTest.log, so I was planning to use these to
record how long each test takes. Each test could take a long time
(~250minutes). When running these tests I am receiving "Timeout"
messages for tests that take longer than 25 minutes. *

Is there a way to increase the timeout limit? If not, is there another
way to record how long a test takes?*

My computer details are below:

    * Operating System=Windows XP SP2
    * CMake=CMake 2.4.2
    * Compiler=Microsoft.NET 2003 (7.1.3088)
    * ITK=InsightToolkit-2.8.1

My CMake script is below:

#Set the test drivers
SET(SOURCE_TEST_DRIVER
${EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH}/MaskedSpatialObjectToImageTestDriver)

#Add includes
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES (
  ${SOURCE_PATH}
  ${EXAMPLES_PATH}
  ${TESTING_PATH}
)

#Set source test files
SET(TEST_FILE_SOURCES
    itkMaskedSpatialObjectToImageFilterTests.cxx
)

#Add source test driver exe
ADD_EXECUTABLE(MaskedSpatialObjectToImageTestDriver
               MaskedSpatialObjectToImageTestDriver.cxx
${TEST_FILE_SOURCES})
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(MaskedSpatialObjectToImageTestDriver ${ITK_LIBRARIES})

#Add some tests
SET(NUMBER_OF_RUNS 5)

FOREACH(RUN_COUNT RANGE 1 ${NUMBER_OF_RUNS})

ADD_TEST(MaskedSpatialObject_Real1_${RUN_COUNT}
         ${SOURCE_TEST_DRIVER}
         itkMaskedSpatialObjectToImageFilterTest
         ${IMAGES_PATH}/Real1.mhd
         ${TESTING_OUTPUT_PATH}/Real1_IMAGE_MASKED.mhd
         512 512 404                 #Size
         0.414063 0.414063 0.400024  #Spacing
         8.0                         #MaskResampleFactor
         2                           #MaskDilateSize
)

ADD_TEST(SpatialObject_Real1_${RUN_COUNT}
         ${SOURCE_TEST_DRIVER}
         itkSpatialObjectToImageFilterTest
         ${IMAGES_PATH}/Real1.mhd
         ${TESTING_OUTPUT_PATH}/Real1_IMAGE_NORM.mhd
         512 512 404                 #Size
         0.414063 0.414063 0.400024  #Spacing
         8.0                         #MaskResampleFactor
         2                           #MaskDilateSize
)

ENDFOREACH(RUN_COUNT)

I can only find the DART_TESTING_TIMEOUT:STRING=1500 variable in my
CMakeCache.txt.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Dan Mueller