[Insight-users] deformation field and warping

Michelangelo Paci pax.dark00 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 11:30:32 EDT 2006

Dear list,

i've a problem using some deformation fields obtained from an image
registration. For example, when I build a binary image (only one white pixel
in a black background) and I warp it I obtain a result (GOOD), but when I
try to move the same white pixel (finding its phisical coordinates) adding
the displacement to each component, I obtain another result (BAD). Origin
and spacing are obviously the same.
Besides I expected that when I warp a black image with only  a white pixel,
the resulting image would be another black image with  a moved white pixel,
but I obtained a black image with some grey pixels in the position I
expeccted the white one. I read the code of warpImageFilter, but It seemed
to me make a simple addiction of the displacement for each component.

Could you help me, please?

Thank you

Mcihelangelo