[Insight-users] Re: [Paraview] Binary Thresholding and Isosurface Generation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jul 22 16:30:40 EDT 2006

Hi Kevin,

The way ParaView (and VTK for that matter) generates contours
is not by selecting black regions, but by specifying a value
for an iso-surface in the image.

If you have already a segmentation of the bony structures,
you can generate surfaces for the bony structures themselves.

As far as the spinal cord goes, you probably want to get first
a segmentation of it, and then use ParaView (or a VTK pipeline)
in order to visualize the result.  ITK segmentation methods
that you may want to try are:

   - Region Growing
   - Tubes Level Set
   - Watershed

You will find description of all these methods in the
ITK Software Guide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

If you still have questions, it would be useful if you could
post your dataset so we can take a look at it.