[Insight-users] Re: itk java wrapper on cygwin problem (Progress)

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Jul 28 11:27:15 EDT 2006

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:51:59 +0200, Michael Bell <michael.bell at acm.org>
wrote:

> Gaetan,
>
> I wrapped itkVersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer. No problem, amazingly easy.
> Now I need to wrap CenteredTransformInitializer. It has three template
> classes:
> Tansform,Image,Image. How do I do the transformType? (In this case it
> is VersorRigid3DTransform).

You will have to use the "low level" macro of wrap ITK. Nothing really
complex though. The hard part will be to find a good name for the
VersorRigid3DTransform template parameter.

Here is what I would put in the file
wrap_itkCenteredTransformInitializer.cmake:

WRAP_INCLUDE("itkVersorRigid2DTransformOptimizer.h")
WRAP_INCLUDE("itkVersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer.h")

FILTER_DIMS(dims "2;3")
WRAP_CLASS("itk::CenteredTransformInitializer" POINTER)
   FOREACH(d ${dims})
     FOREACH(t ${WRAP_ITK_SCALAR})
       WRAP_TEMPLATE("aVeryGoodName${ITKM_D}${ITKM_I${t}${d}}${ITKM_I${t}${d}}"
"itk::VersorRigid${d}DTransformOptimizer< ${ITKT_D}
>,${ITKT_I${t}${d}},${ITKT_I${t}${d}}")
     ENDFOREACH(t)
   ENDFOREACH(d)
END_WRAP_CLASS()

WRAP_INCLUDE() macro is used to included the
VersorRigid2DTransformOptimizer and VersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer
headers, which are not included by default (contrary to Image header for
example)

FILTER_DIMS() select the dimensions you give in parameter in the
dimensions choosed by the user. If the user choose the dimensions 1, 2, 3
and 4, dims will contain 2 and 3. If he choose only dim 3 and 11, dims
will contain only 3. This is required because this filter seems to work
only for dimensions 2 and 3 (tell me if I'm wrong)

WRAP_TEMPLATE() create a instantiation of a template. The first parameter
is the name appended to the class name to for the instance name. The
second parameter is the template parameters. "aVeryGoodName" here is a
short name to design the VersorRigid?DTransformOptimizer - I let you find
it, I have no imagination for the names :-). It can be several chars, by
convention in upper case, and have to be expressive enough to let you know
quickly which parameter it design.
${ITKM_I${t}${d}} is the name of an Image with pixel type ${t} and
dimension ${d} ("IF2" for pixel type float and dimension 2)
${ITKT_I${t}${d}} is the Image type for pixel type ${t} and dimension ${d}
("itk::Image< float, 2 >" for pixel type float and dimension 2)

The 2 FOREACH loop let us call WRAP_TEMPLATE() for all the dimensions
selected by the user (and filtered by us) and all the scalar type selected
by the user. If only the floating point pixel type are useful in your
case, just replace WRAP_ITK_SCALAR by WRAP_ITK_REAL.

Finally, I have considered in that example that
VersorRigid?DTransformOptimizer is useful only with a double as template
parameter (that's why I put a ${ITKM_D} in the name, and a ${ITKT_D} in
the template parameters), but I can be wrong, and other types may be
useful :-)

I hope that's clear enough. Do not hesitate to ask if that's not the case !

Gaetan