[Insight-users] How can I extract connected components of a binary image and its boundary pixels ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jul 29 17:55:26 EDT 2006

Hi Cem,

You may want to look at the two following filters:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ConnectedComponentImageFilter.html

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SimpleContourExtractorImageFilter.html

The first one gives you the connected compoentes, the second
one gives you boundary pixels. Of course, you will have to reinvoke
the second one for each one of the independent connected components
that you want to get boundaries from.