[Insight-users] itk 2.6 in Amira 4.0 ???

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jul 29 18:31:00 EDT 2006

Hi Daniel,

Plugins, being DLLs are not loaded unless they find all
their dependencies (which are usually other DLLs).

In Windows, the DLLs that you link against are different
when you build for Release and for Debug. The debug DLLs
are only avalable in machines that have VisualStudio installed.

If you are finding this error when you deploy the plugins
to another machine, then it means simply that this machine
is missing the debug DLLs.

In order to find the dependencies of a DLL you can use the
nice dependency walker application, this can be downloaded
for free at:

       http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Note that you *SHOULD NOT* deploy plugins that are build for
debug, because they may very likely collide with the release
code of the application.

If you use debug plugins you should test them only with an
application that has also been *ENTIRELY* build for Debug.

You must not mix compilation modes.