[Insight-users] mean behaviour of a vector field

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jul 29 18:35:40 EDT 2006

Hi Michelangelo,

The best thing to do at this point is to save your deformation field
as a VTK or MetaImage image, and then load it into ParaView.

You can download binaries and source code of ParaView for free at

        http://www.paraview.org

You will find instructions on how to use ParaView for visualizing
deformation fields in the ITK Software Guide

      http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

at the end of the Image Registration chapter.

Visualization will be very useful at this point, so you first
verify if the deformation field actually looks the way you are
assuming.