[Insight-users] 3D rigid registration

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jun 5 11:50:48 EDT 2006

Dear Grace:

I have used the Centred Transform Initializer in some code that used
VersoRigid3DTransform and it has given me the results I expected. Here
are a few lines out of the code. If I am using it incorrectly I hope
some one else will let me know before I get bad results.

Don't forget to use the special optimizer for this transform.

Hope it helps,

Robert

#include "itkCenteredTransformInitializer.h"
#include "itkVersorRigid3DTransform.h"
#include "itkVersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer.h"

  //Transform, optimizer and metric used for the registration
  typedef itk::VersorRigid3DTransform< double > TransformType;
  typedef itk::VersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer  OptimizerType;

 /* initializer, this automatically finds the centers of each image */
  typedef itk::CenteredTransformInitializer< TransformType, ImageType,
ImageType > TransformInitializerType;

 TransformInitializerType::Pointer initializer =
TransformInitializerType::New();

// fshrinker and mshrinker are already Updated at this point

          /* set up the defaults in any case */
           initializer->SetTransform(   transform );
           initializer->SetFixedImage(  fshrinker->GetOutput() );
           initializer->SetMovingImage( mshrinker->GetOutput() );
           initializer->MomentsOn();
          /* this actually does the initialization using the above
parameters */
           initializer->InitializeTransform();