[Insight-users] itk::GradientDifferenceImageToImageMetric

Damiaan Habets dhabets at imaging.robarts.ca
Tue Jun 6 12:07:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

  I've been trying to use it, but it has several long standing bugs in it.
I have a version I'm verifying right now and could contribute back once
I confirm I didn't make it worse ;)

How do I contribute fixes/changes anyways?

If you're in a rush:

- there's a coding error or two; one is using
m_MinFixedGradient[iDimension] without setting it's value; I'll have to
check on the other one.
- the calculating of the scaling s isn't done correctly (I think); and
- there's some question in my mind as to what variance is calculated.

I have the papers it's based on and it isn't 100% clear to me if the
variance should be taken over both fixed and moving image or fixed only.

Thanks,
Damiaan