[Insight-users] Reslice volume according to 'Image Orientation' Dicom tag.

Laurent PAUL Laurent.Paul at orto.ucl.ac.be
Wed Jun 7 05:05:51 EDT 2006

Hi!

I tried with OrientImageFilter , but I can only orient image following
predefined orientation (RIP, LIP...).
If I well understood, it does the same job as flip filter, isn't it?

I found an example in ITK!
For people interested in, it is ResampleOrientedImageFilter.cxx in
ITK-2.6.0\Examples\Filtering.

Laurent.

> Laurent PAUL wrote:
>> Hi users,
>> I get images with Image Orientation Dicom tag non equal to 1\0\0\0\1\0.
I'd want to align rows and columns respectively on X and Y axes. I know
there a class in VTK to reslice volume (great to dispaly
coronal,
>> sagittal and transversal views!).
>> Is there an equivalent class in ITK which reslices the volume using
Direction cosines?

> You can use the OrientImageFilter to get a new image which has direction
cosines close to 1 0 0 , 0 1 0 , 0 0 1 .