[Insight-users] ITK Threads with memberfunctions

Markus Weigert m.weigert at fz-juelich.de
Wed Jun 7 14:37:31 EDT 2006

Dear all,

I would like to make a programm, at which I'm currenty
working, multithreaded.

As far as I know, there is a class called itkMultiThreader which
provides this functionality.
My question is, if this class can also be used to create a thread
for a memberfunction of an object, because I always receive compiler
complaints from VC6 on std_call problems when I call SetSingleMethod().

As far as I know, for example posix threads only work with C-functions.
So, is this also true for the multithreader or may the problem be different?

I think that for example, the threads from Boost library can deal with member functions,
but I would not like to use a large library only for one small feature.
Can you please give me a hint?

Regards,
Markus

PS: declaring the function as static is not possible,
because it accesses non-static members.