[Insight-users] ITK Threads with memberfunctions

Miller, James V (GE, Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Wed Jun 7 16:41:12 EDT 2006

Marcus,

The pattern I use to have the multithreader call a static function (or a standard C function) and pass the object as part of the clientdata.  The static method, then casts the clientdata back to the object type and calls the member function that I wanted to call.

This is how the multithreaded filters are implemented.  Take a look at ImageSource::GenerateData() and ImageSource::ThreaderCallback().

Jim