[Insight-users] Re: Re: Histogram bug with maximum possible value ?

Dr. Uwe Köhler U.Koehler at gmx.de
Thu Jun 8 02:33:29 EDT 2006

Dear Karthik,

I can confirm that there is a problem with the histogram class. From my
earlier posting:

I hope somebody can help me out with a (hopefully) easy, but important
question. When using the ImageHistogram1 example to look at a grayscale image
with 15 gray values in the range from 0 to 255, I get all the gray values
listed correctly appart from the ones valued 255. My guess is that this has
to do with the fact that the histogram size is given as 255 for 256 possible
gray value, but I am not sure. I tried a size of 256, but it leads to an
unsigned char overflow and the results are wrong.

I had to write my own histogram class to avoid the problem for now.

Cheers

Uwe