[Insight-users] WrapITK with MSVC Express Edition

Kalle Pahajoki kalpaha at st.jyu.fi
Wed Jun 14 03:50:29 EDT 2006

Hi

I'm compiling ITK and WrapITK on windows with the free express edition
of Microsoft's compiler. I got ITK built (with just a tiny cheat of
editing a config.h in CableSwig to recognize the SYS_ERROR_LIST or
something to that effect), but WrapITK is giving me trouble immediately.

The error message I get is quoted below. I guess the relevant part is this:

Compiler "cl" is not supported by GCC_XML because none of MSVC 6, 7,
7.1, 8 is installed.

Googling revealed nothing useful. Does anyone have any suggestions on
how to tell GCC_XML (or whatever tool is giving the error) that I do
have MSVC8?

Kalle

<---- Begin error messages ---->

K:\ITK\WrapITK>nmake

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.42

Generating swigrun.xml
Compiler "cl" is not supported by GCC_XML because none of MSVC 6, 7,
7.1, 8 is installed.
Could not determine GCCXML_FLAGS setting.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'K:\ITK\itk\bin\gccxml.exe' : return code '0x1'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'

<---- End error messages ----->