[Insight-users] Multi Resolution Registration Initialization

Jonathan Wong jon.the.wong at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 13:52:58 EDT 2006

Hi, I'm currently testing out how well multi-resolution regristration works
using the itk exampleapp. Currently I'm rotating 3d vtk images various
degrees from 0 - 180.

I know Viola Wells has a requierment, in which the alignments need to be
"close" together. In my tests, i noticed that specimens with over 90 degree
rotations have a hard time converging to the right results.

Currently I'm trying to give an estimated rotation, by initializing the
transform with estimated parameters. Is this the correct way to get the
images to register? Or should i simply play around with the scale parameters
of the optimizer?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jonathan Wong