[Insight-users] Re: install itk under cygwin

Quan Chen quanchen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 19:17:42 EDT 2006

upon further test, I find that the error message about option '-c' comes
from the file path.  My file is located under /cygdrive/c/....  however,
when I compile it with icl, it seems that it treat the path as part of the
options.

I tried the following command:
/bin/icl.exe /cygdrive/test.c
I got the same error message:

icl: Command line warning: ignoring option '-c'; no argument required

icl: Command line error: no files specified; for help type "icl -help"
If I try this command:
/bin/icl.exe /drive/test.c
the message becomes:

icl: Command line warning: ignoring unknown option '-drive/test.c'

icl: Command line error: no files specified; for help type "icl -help"

So is there any way to by-pass that?  Has anyone tried the cygwin + icl
combination? I guess the problem occurs here because the windows version of
intel compiler accept the option to be either start with / or start with -,
whereas in linux, the intel compiler probably only accept options passed in
the form of -.