[Insight-users] Help on Casting 3D to 2D

Neil Weisenfeld neil at bwh.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 16 09:28:03 EDT 2006

I think that  ExtractImageFilter does what you want.

Regards,
Neil

ExtractImageFilter also collapses dimensions so that the input image may
have more dimensions than the output image (i.e. 4-D input image to a
3-D output image). To specify what dimensions to collapse, the
ExtractionRegion must be specified. For any dimension dim where
ExtractionRegion.Size[dim] = 0, that dimension is collapsed. The index
to collapse on is specified by ExtractionRegion.Index[dim]. For example,
we have a image 4D = a 4x4x4x4 image, and we want to get a 3D image, 3D
= a 4x4x4 image, specified as [x,y,z,2] from 4D (i.e. the 3rd "time"
slice from 4D). The ExtractionRegion.Size = [4,4,4,0] and
ExtractionRegion.Index = [0,0,0,2].