[Insight-users] error in DeformableRegistration8 sample

Severino Fernandez severinofer at recol.es
Sun Jun 18 08:10:02 EDT 2006

I have compiled the DeformableRegistration8 sample and run it with two images of my area of interest (remote sensing multisensor image  registration).
I obtain the following error message:

C:\INTA\pleyades\InsightToolkit\MisProyectos\DeformableRegistration8>deformabler
egistration8 image1.tif image2.tif resultado.tif

Starting Registration
ExceptionObject caught !

itk::ExceptionObject (0129FAD0)
Location: "unknown"
File: C:\INTA\pleyades\InsightToolkit\InsightToolkit-2.6.0\Code\Algorithms\itkMa
ttesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric.txx
Line: 986
o many samples map outside moving image buffer: 0 / 12370

I do not have yet enough experience with ITK as to be able to identify the problem source. May it have something to do with initialization parameters? I did not change anything in the source code of the sample. I have alredy tried MI registration using an affine transform, and it does correctly for the kind of images I am using. The images are relatively small (338x366 pixels, 8 bit b/w in tiff files).
I will appreciate any hint or suggestion.
Best regards

Severino Fernandez
INTA
Departamento de Teledeteccion