[Insight-users] 3D distance

Benedikt Birkenbach birkenbach at rrz.uni-koeln.de
Mon Jun 19 04:20:02 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,

I need to check if a point is below a given surface (the surface is actually a
point set with a lattice structure).
I think the best way is to pick the points x,y,z coordinates and to compare the
z coordinate of the surface given at x,y with the point's z coordinate. So my
problem is how to get the z coordinate at x,y. Maybe at this position there is
no point of the surface, so I have to interpolate the value there. I don't know
how to handle that. Any hints?

Regards

Bene
--
/ __ \/ __ \|__  || |/ /  Benedikt Birkenbach                 |