[Insight-users] StatisticsOnImage

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Jun 23 04:59:16 EDT 2006

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:07:47 +0200, Stefan Klein <stefan at isi.uu.nl> wrote:

> Hi Gaetan,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I missed the LabelStatisticsImageFilter. It does
> indeed exactly what I want!
>
> I do not fully understand your first remark. Do you mean that using a
> spatial object as a mask is not
> as efficient as using a label image? Or do you mean that filters
> shouldn't
> support masks in general, because it makes them slow, and, that actually
> you even would like to remove mask support for the
> ConnectedComponentImageFilter?

I would just say that, if it can be done another way, the mask support
should not be integrated in a filter, not because it make them slow, but
rather because it make the task of improving their performance with better
algorithm more difficult
The ConnectedComponenImageFilter done by Richard Beare is a good example
http://www.insight-journal.org/InsightJournalManager/view_reviews.php?back=publications.php%3Fjournalid%3D4%26order%3D%26revision_display%3D&pubid=75

Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann