[Insight-users] Segmentation-Surface Reconstruction- Questions

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Jun 23 15:42:49 EDT 2006

If your purpose is to produce a smooth mesh / contour from a binary
segmentation, you could in principle do this both on the image domain
and on the mesh domain.

1. Apply the Anti-alias filter in ITK and then run marching cubes on
it.  The anti-aliasing filter will smooth jagged edges, by introducing
some continuity. So the output of your marching cubes won't look jagged.

2. Do some polygon anti-aliasing on the mesh. You will have to go to VTK
for that.

HTH
-karthik