[Insight-users] coniditions on initial regiatration transform

Rick Shilling rickshilling at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 16:15:38 EDT 2006

In itk registration , I provide an initial rigid transformation with rotation in the itk registration object:

0 0 -1
0 1 0
-1 0 0

and offset:
230
-110
331

I noticed that in MatrixOffsetTransformBase class when its transforming points:

MatrixOffsetTransformBase<TScalarType, NInputDimensions, NOutputDimensions>
::TransformPoint(const InputPointType &point) const
{
  return m_Matrix * point + m_Offset;
}

m_Matrix is the indentity & not what was provided for in:

transform->SetMatrix(matrix);

Other times m_matrix uses the right values yet there is no difference in code between the two cases.  Is there any precondition on the rotation matrix that is imposed by the registration process that changes it the transform to the identity?  Thanks.

Rick