[Insight-users] 2D vesselness code submission

Seniha Esen Yuksel eseny99 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 25 19:14:26 EDT 2006

Hi all,

 I have implemented the 2D vesselness code by

 A.F. Frangi, W.J. Niessen, K.L.Vincken, M.A. Viergever
 "Multiscale vessel enhancement filtering"
 MICCAI 1998, pp. 130-137.

 The results look fine, but I guess I was expecting more. I was wondering if anyone would be interested to take a look at the code, make suggesstions if I am skipping sth from the paper, or contribute to ITK.

 The paper, code, a test image, and its results are given at:
 http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~seyuksel/MyCodes/Vesselness2DCode/

 The test results are obtained by setting the sigma from 2 to 6 with 0.5 increments.

 The code is written by getting help mostly from itkHessian3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter, but I needed a 2D version; and this paper was easy to implement and it had a 2D version described in it. The paper I mentioned also has  a 3D version; so I am wondering if anyone has any experience in which one would perform better; and if it would be valuable to implement the aforomentioned paper vs. the itkHessian3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter.

 Thanks!
 Esen

Seniha Esen Yuksel
 University of Florida