[Insight-users] Persisting a dynamically created image onto the file system

Shlomo Kashani shlomo_kashani at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 14:52:57 EDT 2006

Dear Frank,
I already read chapter 7 of the ITK manual and the code I posted here is
based on the examples that are referred to in that chapter
(ITK\src\Examples\DataRepresentation\Image\). While there are a rich number
of examples for associating an image reader with an image read from the file
system and then associating that with an image writer such as:

// create	new	image reader
// create	new	image writer
WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New();
reader->SetFileName( argv[1] );
writer->SetFileName( argv[2] );
writer->SetInput(reader->GetOutput() );
writer->Update();

I could not find an example or the method for associating a dynamically
created image with a file writer. Its as simple as that ?

Shlomo.