[Insight-users] Point-Based Affine Registration

Timex Su jean.timex at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 09:27:09 EDT 2006

Hi,
    I am trying to implement the registration based on point-based affine
transformation. Since I just simply combine the example codes, the 6
coefficients of affine transform were not correct. Here are some phenomena
and questions:
    1. The two example codes i referred to are 'IterativeClosestPoint1.cxx'
and 'ImageRegistration9.cxx', that is I simply changed the Translation
Transform to Centered Affine Transform. Is it correct to do that?

    2. At least 3 pairs of control points are necessary when computing the 6
coefficients of affine transform, but when i  give less than 6 pairs of
control points as the program parameters, the program prompts out the
following messages:
       Number of fixed Points = 3
       Number of moving Points = 3
       vnl_least_squares_function: WARNING: unknowns(6) > residuals(3)
       vnl_levenberg_marquardt: Number of unknowns(6) greater than number of
data (3)
       how to fix it?

    3. Can anyone tell me how to implement the registration with Pointset to
Pointset registration and affine transformation?

Thank you in advance

jeantimex