[Insight-users] FEM: ITK: Material Properties for tetrahedron

Barbara bgarita at ufl.edu
Fri Mar 3 10:56:01 EST 2006

Hello:

I ask about this question previously,  I will like to know that
significance of the value of "h" (plate thickness) in the material
definition on ITK FEMElementTest examples.  From trial and error I have
understood that the value of "h'" must be defined for a tetrahedron
element.  However the only explanation for this value is that it is the
plate thickness--- it makes no sense to talk about a plate thickness
with a solid element, as is a tetrahedron element.

Please let me know,
Thanks, Barbara