[Insight-users] Problem VectorImage reader

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Mon Mar 6 09:01:46 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 11:21 +0100, Dr. Uwe Köhler wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> we are using itkVectorImages and came accross the following problem:
> when storing an interger valued itkVectorImage to disk and reading it back as
> a float itkVectorImage the contained numbers are wrong.

> However, all the reader does is:
>    if( strcmp( this->GetOutput()->GetNameOfClass(), "VectorImage" ) == 0 ) \
>      { \
>      memcpy( outputData, inputData, numberOfPixels *
> m_ImageIO->GetNumberOfComponents() * sizeof( type ) ); \
>      } \
>
> Could that be the problem?

It was fixed in CVS a while ago. The code in CVS reads as below instead
of what you have. Please update Code/IO and you shouldn't have this
issue.

  if( strcmp( this->GetOutput()->GetNameOfClass(), "VectorImage" ) ==
0 ) \
     { \
     ConvertPixelBuffer<                                 \
      type,                                             \
      OutputImagePixelType,                             \
      ConvertPixelTraits                                \
      >                                                 \
      ::ConvertVectorImage(                             \
        static_cast<type*>(inputData),                  \
        m_ImageIO->GetNumberOfComponents(),             \
        outputData,                                     \
        numberOfPixels);                                \
     } \

http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/IO/itkImageFileReader.txx?annotate=1.67&root=Insight

Thanks
-karthik